Error Restoring Database

Aug 11, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Hi , how do I correct this error?

Error restoring the database. Cannot open backup device 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup\QCTL2.0_CopyTool.bak'.

Operating system error 2(The system cannot find the file specified.).
            RESTORE FILELIST is terminating abnormally.

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2009 at 8:08 PM

Hi,

please post the content of your config file.

Aug 18, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Here is the resultant error...thanks!

Regards,
Ben Smith
Business Analyst
logo
Information Technology
2550 Market Street - Aston - PA - 19014 - Usa
Tel: 610-494-8000 ext.161 - Fax: 610-494-8989
Ben.Smith@zodiacaerospace.com
http://www.zodiacaerospace.com

This message and any attachments (the ''message'') are confidential and intended solely for the addressees. Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited. Messages are susceptible to alteration. ZODIAC shall not be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified. If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please delete it immediately and inform the sender.
Coordinator
Aug 18, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Hi,

sorry I can't see the error :-(

Aug 18, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Hi, using your tool to transfer one db on a local server to a remote server over our internal network....seems like it can not open the folder on the remote machine. Is this a permission's error on the folder?

Error restoring the database. Cannot open backup device 'E:\QCTL_NEW\Backup\QCTL_NEW_CopyTool.bak'. Operating system error 2(The system
cannot find the file specified.).

is it possible to email you directly?

Regards,
Ben Smith
Business Analyst
logo
Information Technology
2550 Market Street - Aston - PA - 19014 - Usa
Tel: 610-494-8000 ext.161 - Fax: 610-494-8989
Ben.Smith@zodiacaerospace.com
http://www.zodiacaerospace.com

This message and any attachments (the ''message'') are confidential and intended solely for the addressees. Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited. Messages are susceptible to alteration. ZODIAC shall not be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified. If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please delete it immediately and inform the sender.

Jetro223 <notifications@codeplex.com>

08/18/2009 04:08 PM

Please respond to
dbcopytool@discussions.codeplex.com

To
ben.smith@zodiacaerospace.com
cc
Subject
Re: Error Restoring Database [dbcopytool:65204]

Hi,

sorry I can't see the error :-(

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (dbcopytool@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email dbcopytool@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 18, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Hi , new error but I think I'm one step closer, I coped over the .bak file to the remote server and I no longer get the below error....

Error restoring the database. Cannot open backup device 'E:\QCTL_NEW\Backup\QCTL_NEW_CopyTool.bak'. Operating system error 2(The system
cannot find the file specified.).

But now I get this error and this is on the local machine?

Couldn't delete file. Access to the path '\\11.65.16.89\D$\QCTL_NEW\Backup\QCTL_NEW_CopyTool.bak' is denied.

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Hi!

I have no solution, I'm afraid, but perhaps a bit more information. 

We back up to Server 24.  If the backup fails, the maintenance plan backups up to Server 23

Server 24 reported the mysterious error 2 (The system cannot find the file specified.)

Server 23 reported error 64(The specified network name is no longer available.).

We have had a crop of these error 64s lately and believe (but can't prove) that it is somesort of glitch in the network hardware. 

I shall follow this thread with keen interest

Coordinator
Mar 17, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Hi jacw2000,

are you using the copy tool?

Mar 17, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Hi Jetro223

Nope - it's a SQL Server maintenance plan - specifically the Back Up Database task

Mar 17, 2010 at 12:18 PM

I back up about 30 servers every night - 2000, 2005 and 2008.  Most work fine.  But lately I've been getting a crop of these error 64s, and today I had an error 2.  Google led me to your thread...

:o)