can't get to work

Apr 16, 2009 at 11:04 AM
Edited Apr 16, 2009 at 11:06 AM
Hi,

I configured 2 servers. One is on my network, the other one is my local machine. When I try to copy a database from the server on the network to my local machine, it creates the backup on my server, but after that the tool gives me an error: 'Error restoring the database' from my local path. It seems that the copy-action from my server to my local machine did not happen. Did I forget to configure something?

thanks,
Jeroen
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2009 at 11:57 AM
Hi,

please check if the file is copied (the destination for the copy operation is the configured default backup dir for your local server). Normally the tool should give an error when it can not copy the file.

You also could post the contents of your config file here, then i'll have a look.

Regards.
Apr 16, 2009 at 12:09 PM
Hi,

The file is not copied to the destination folder on my local server and therefore cannot be restored. On the home page I read that I must have access to the backup folder on the server. How can I do this? Using a share on the server?

thanks,
Jeroen
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2009 at 12:17 PM
Hi,

you must have access to the server's backup dir.

For example:

if you configured your backup dir as: "C:\MyBackupDir\" on the server "MySQLServer" then you must have access to "\\MySQLServer\C$\MyBackupDir\".
Apr 16, 2009 at 12:56 PM
Hi,

That's the problem. I do not have access to the serverpath '\\MySQLServer\C$\MyBackupDir\'. Is it an idea to add support for using a share on the server, something like '\\MySQLServer\Backups'. I can imagine an extra 'unc backup path' setting in the servers tab for each server. When this 'unc backup path' is set, it is used for copying the backup file from that server, instead of '\\MySQLServer\C$\MyBackupDir\'

Jeroen
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2009 at 5:06 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.