Simple tool to copy databases from one SQL Server to another.
Copies a sql server database from one server to another by backing it up, copying the backup file to the destination server and restoring the database.
Please rate and comment!
- at least one sql server :-)
- rights to access the backup directories and data directories of the sql server(s) over the network
- Start the tool :-)
- go to the servers tab and configure your servers (servers are stored in config.xml)
- go to the copy database tab
- copy your database(s)
...or use it as commandline tool. Just start it with the four parameters: from_server to_server from_database to_database (the servers must exist in the config file)
dbcopytool.exe 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.2 MyDb MyDbCopy
- report bugs and ideas :-)
Further description (german) and some description of the code can be found here: